Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Get a Good Knife!

Before you decide that you are going to learn how to cook, the FIRST thing you need to do is go out and buy a good knife. If you spend some money and get yourself a good knife it will last forever and you only need one! I guess a real chef has many knives for different things but a Mom who loves to cook, like me, just needs one. I bought my first chef's knife 5 years ago and I remember the day I bought it! We had just gotten our bonuses at work, so I dragged two of my co-workers (Denise and Mark) to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to "hold my hand" as I made this monumental purchase! I use it EVERY day and the only thing I have to do is sharpen it. Technically you should take it to a professional to have it done but I don't. I just use a sharpener!


This is the knife I use. Wusthof is like the Mercedes of knives. This one cost me close to $100.00 but it is an investment that you need to make! My motto is "Go BIG or go home!" So go down to B,B&B and buy yourself one of these bad boys! Trust me it cuts like butta!

1 comment:

  1. Great advice. I also have a good knife & I use it EVERY time I cook... Just don't put it in the dishwasher. It will turn it a really weird color. :-/ Still cuts like a champ, though!

    ReplyDelete