Thursday, October 13, 2011

New Mom vs Been There Done That Mom

Look at that sweet face!! 

My newest baby girl, Riley Grace, is 6 months old. She is as sweet as pie! She is the COMPLETE opposite of my biggest baby girl Reese Emaleigh (also as sweet as pie). Boy if I had known what I know now I would have been a much calmer Mommy the first time around!! I was standing in line at the grocery store today, and I noticed a Mom, with her toddler child, coming into the store. She gets out the handy dandy cart cover and places it in the front seat. But not before grabbing a sanitary wipe and thoroughly cleaning it first! I just smiled and went on my way. This made me think of all the things I do differently now with baby number 2. Is this why my first child is so cautious? Makes you wonder.....

 It started the day Reese was born. 12 hours of labor and when I was told it was time to push the room was prepped and the doctor stood ready to catch her. Our new baby came out looking like an alien after 2 hours of pushing.We spent the entire 48 hours in the hospital begging the nurse to "help us" with this new baby we knew nothing about.  Fast forward 4 1/2 years later. 5 hours of labor and out of nowhere I needed to push!!! Riley comes into the world after 3 pushes, with the nurse practically catching her, at 2:22pm and we were ready to go home by 5am the next morning! My husband asked every person that walked into our room "Can we go home now?!" Finally after the cleaning lady said "Sorry sir I'm just the janitor." he quit asking....

D1 (daughter number 1) would have a "fever" of 99.1 and we were on the phone with the doctor. D2 had a fever of 104 and Mommy instincts told me she was just teething. The next day it was gone. No phone calls to the Pediatrician at 3am.

D1 would drop her "paci" and I would pull out a bag of paci's hidden in my purse to produce a clean one. D2 drops her paci and it's licked clean by yours truly and promptly shoved back into her mouth.

D1 barfed on herself and I would change her matching outfit immediately to an equally cute and matching outfit. D2 barfs and I let the dog lick her clean.

D1 peed in her diaper? New diaper stat! D2 pees in her diaper at least 3 times before being changed. Don't judge, diapers are NOT cheap!! Speaking of diapers...Pampers for D1. Target brand for D2! 

D1 pooped? Five wipes later she is clean. D2 poops? One wipe folded 8 times plus a little poop on my finger and she is clean. Speaking of wipes....yes...Target brand!

D1 ate the best of the best baby food we could find! D2?? You guessed it!!! Target Brand!!!! 


She looks pretty happy and healthy to me!!!! Happy 1/2 way to one D2!!!





3 comments: